The European Research Centre for Anti-Corruption and State-Building (ERCAS) at the Hertie School of Governance is looking for a part-time administrative assistant (20 hours/week).
The Hertie School of Governance is an international teaching and research centre of excellence that prepares students for leadership positions in government, business, and civil society. An internationally-recruited faculty, interdisciplinary in outlook, research, and teaching, offers analytically-challenging and practice-oriented courses on governance, policy analysis, management, and leadership.
The assistant will work directly with ERCAS director, Prof. Alina Mungiu-Pippidi.
- Personal organization of a senior researcher incl. coordinating appointments, in Berlin and during sabbatical absence.
- Organizing business trips and drawing up travel expense statements.
- Coordinating and preparing colloquia and workshops as well as supporting lecturers, visiting researchers, cooperation partners and guests.
- Preparing documentation required for contracts as well as managing, checking and monitoring of invoices for all relevant budgets.
- Posting educational materials, announcements and grades, setting up the e-learning platform page for individual courses.
- Updating faculty publications on different websites.
- Great organizational skills and ability to work independently on a variety of tasks.
- Good communication skills and attention to detail.
- Written and spoken fluency in English and in German.
- Previous experience in a similar position.
The position is part-time and based in Berlin. Application guidelines: please send your application, including CV and expression of interest, to Christoph Abels, at firstname.lastname@example.org
Applications will be accepted until the position has been filled. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.