ERCAS is currently looking for:
public procurement experts with a legal background
for the EU Horizon 2020 DIGIWHIST project. The key objective of DIGIWHIST is to combine the provision of data on public spending in the area of public procurement with actionable governance indicators and a monitoring procedure facilitating whistleblowing and thus strengthening accountability and transparency of public administrations. In this context DIGIWHIST has created a EuroPAM database (European Public Accountability Mechanisms). EuroPAM is based on indicators for financial disclosure, conflict of interest restrictions, freedom of information, and public procurement and measures the comprehensiveness of a country’s legal framework for each mechanism.
Currently we are looking for experts on public procurement legislation for Denmark, France, and Sweden. The initial research for the year 2014 (laws current as of December 31, 2014) has been completed, but it needs a review and in some cases clarification. In addition, we need to update it based on the laws that were adopted in 2015 (laws current as of December 31, 2015) and 2016 (laws current as of September 30, 2016). The country questionnaire includes 47 questions.
In addition, we require the different procurement procedures in national legislation to be mapped against those used in the EC Directives.
• One completed country questionnaire, with 3 tabs, one reviewing 2014 data and two more with updates for 2015 and 2016 data.
• Mapping of the procurement procedures used in national legislation against the EC procedures with a brief explanation of the rationale used.
The researcher should have the following qualifications:
• Bachelor or, preferably, Master degree in law;
• Excellent English and country relevant language skills;
• Expertise in public procurement legislation is an advantage;
• Be able to deliver the assessment by the end of December, if possible. If not, as soon as possible thereafter.
The application should include the following:
• Interested researchers should indicate previous experience in working with public procurement or relevant legislation;
• Curriculum Vitae.
Applications should be sent in English by email to Geraldine Endrizzi, at endrizzi(at)hertie-school.org.
Please note that only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.
Job Start Date: As soon as possible
Number of positions: max. 3
Payment: 700 EUR per country
Location: Berlin/ remote