- Conflict of interest of public officials
- Free access to information
The programme also aims at involving civil society in actively promoting and monitoring the above mentioned laws.
These goals are be reached by:
- Raising public awareness;
- Strengthening civil society in the region;
- Enhancing higher level of media professionalism;
- Reducing opportunities for conflict of interest of public officials;
- Ensuring free access to information for citizens.
The three-year programme is being implemented by the TI National Chapters in the respective countries and coordinated by he TI International Secretariat.
The project includes the following activities:
- Assessment of the existing legislation
- Improvement of the Laws
- Public awareness raising
- Training of journalists and CSOs representatives
- Training of public officials
- Monitoring the implementation of the Laws