Xnet is formed by a group of activists that, since 2008 work in fields related to:
- online democracy (participation mechanisms and citizen control of power and institutions);
- advocacy of a neutral and free Internet;
- free circulation of culture, knowledge and information and the defense of citizen journalism for the right to know, to inform and be informed;
- the development of technical, communication and legal strategies for the fight against corruption and;
- techno-politics understood as the practice of networking and taking action for empowerment, justice and social transformation.
- Anti-corruption legal and communication strategies
XNet does not perceive political parties and public prosecutors as allies, but as a part of the problem. For anyone paying attention, it is obvious that the only victories in the fight against systemic corruption come from citizens, or thanks to citizens. Corruption is a moral, legal and political problem, but it is also a technical problem and as such, it can be pragmatically tackled in an efficient and technical manner.
Tired of witnessing how those responsible of the biggest frauds and scams go unpunished, XNet has taken part in the legal fights, some of which have led to the arrests of the main responsible for the misappropriation of funds in very representative cases in Spain.
Xnet have also encouraged, promoted and stimulated a series of citizen-run initiatives and collectives against corruption, among them the remarkable 15mparato, a citizen group responsible for the lawsuit against Bankia upper echelon, because of the scam this firm has proven to be. Starting from the participation of Xnet members in the collective for the Audition of the Debt, another group was created with the aim of auditing the most widely known banker in Spain.Find more info here: