The main aim of the project was to develop attitudes and meet expectations of young citizens in building the transparency and accountability of the public life on the local level, through education and through encouraging community cooperation on local and international levels.
Target groups and beneficiaries
- To engage local authorities and schools in common building and realizing the local policy of public administration monitoring.
- To present the social control mechanisms in the subject of transparency and ways of corruption prevention for the students.
- To cooperate with local authorities and schools in developing the local system of getting and disseminating information on the public institution functioning.
- To build the international experience exchange and means of dissemination social control mechanism through education forum.
- Youth: the project’s direct addressees are young people aged 13-18 years (students of gymnasium schools) in Poland and Lithuania living in places covered by the Programme, those who will one day become full citizens taking part in their local community life, also as the potential clients of offices in their localities (3900 students).
- Local authorities chosen for the project: direct beneficiaries are local governments invited to co-operation (10 in Poland and 3 in Lithuania) their representatives who, assisted by the planned activities, are expected to build a positive image of the office and to work to improve confidence in public institutions (13 local governments, 65 representatives).
- Teachers from the schools that will take part in the project: the Programme’s intermediate beneficiaries are also school teachers involved in its implementation and all the residents of counties and municipalities covered by the Programme, who will become addressees of activities carried out by school students and local government staff members (260 teachers).
- Local community: all inhabitants in those regions where the project will be conducted (3000 adult inhabitants).